Hiding the Dock in Mac (Mavericks) VM

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by KennyL98, Jun 25, 2014.

1. KennyL98

KennyL98 Junior Member

This is more of an annoyance than a problem .... but .... if the know how on fixing it is out there, why not avail myself of it? :)

My host machine is a 27inch iMac. I have a 27 inch Samsung monitor connected as a second monitor via thunderbolt cable.

I want the second (Samsung) monitor to be used solely for the VM (and work related activities). I drag the parallels screen over to the screen, click on "full screen", and all is great! its like having a second, stand alone computer for work.

The only problem is, the dock "automatic hide" feature doesn't work. Yes, it hides ok, but dragging the cursor to the bottom of the screen doesn't cause it to pop up. I've moved the dock from the bottom to the right and left sides, and to the top of the screen to no avail. The dock disappears, and won't reappear. I've solved the problem by shutting off the dock's auto-hide feature....which isn't what I want.

I should also state that I also run a Windows 7 VM, and auto hiding the doc in it works just fine.

Any assistance/suggestions are appreciated

Kenny in New Jersey