FileVault 2 in Lion Guest

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by osx86x, Jun 26, 2012.

1. osx86x

osx86x Bit poster

I have an audit requirement to enable FileVault 2 within my Lion guest OS (not at the Parallels Security settings level) as the rule was written and set in stone by lawyers rather than the IT team.

My understanding this is not supported currently in Parallels 7. But somehow the guys at VMware support this in version 4.1 since November 2011. Are there any plans to support this?

2. EtienneD

EtienneD Bit poster

We are now at version 8 of parallels and I'm also in need of FileVault 2 support for the guest OS. Any news on that front?

Thanks
    E.

3. osx86x

osx86x Bit poster

sadly I had to switch to VMware due to company policy requirements. Parallels had better performance but the functionality is seriously lacking compared to Fusion

4. EtienneD

EtienneD Bit poster

That's terrible news, I really like Parallels. Did you receive an official response from the support team?

5. osx86x

osx86x Bit poster

unfortunately no, I bought version 7 in support but 2 months later, version 8 came out and was expected to fork out full price. Instead I used the money to buy Fusion instead. I also found the process of uninstalling parallels painful as there were a lot of leftover system files, helpers that needed to be removed. On the VM side, the parallels tools uninstaller also left quite a few files behind that were running processes that I had to manually remove.

6. EtienneD

EtienneD Bit poster

Well, hopefully that feature comes soon!

7. Chris@Parallels

Chris@Parallels Hunter

Thanks for sharing the request. Our Engineering team is always looking at ways to enhance Parallels so we will pass this along.

Chris

8. EtienneD

EtienneD Bit poster

Thanks for passing this along. Is this a feature that is in the works or am I the first to request this?