FFXI on Parallels 13.1.1

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by DavidL27, Nov 13, 2017.

1. DavidL27

DavidL27 Bit poster

Need some help with an issue.

Trying to load Final Fantasy XI on Windows 7 via Parallels 13.1.1. I was having problems all weekend long getting it to work. I finally got it running, but if I turn on super-sampling, the game will not even load. Additionally, when I run the config manager, it locks up when trying to adjust the resolution. I have already rolled back the display drivers to prl_va.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have already purchased windows 7 and parallels, so I am significantly invested in trying to get this working.

2. ValiantC

ValiantC Bit poster

3. JuliaL

JuliaL Bit poster

I am having this same problem with FFXI.
    Normally, I am using the "Parallels Display Adapter (WDDM)". The frame speeds are good, but this runs into the graphics glitch that has been documented above. That's why I'm here.
    The only thing that I have been able to try is using the "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter" to play the game. The graphics glitches do not appear, but the FPS is unacceptably slow (9 FPS).

I have done as much reading on this as I can, and I have tried to pursue the option of using drivers that may be found under a "prl_va" directory. This has been documented by others elsewhere and those have allowed some people success in remedying the graphics glitch. However, I have been unable to find any prl_va directory in my Parallels drivers collection and have been prevented from experimenting. Are these drivers deliberately unavailable for someone like me? I have a subscription to Parallels (Desktop 14 for Mac Pro Edition) and I'd really like to attempt using this driver, but I can't find the files anywhere.
    Help?