Exits Full Screen when I Switch Windows Users

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by Paul Engel, Feb 9, 2016.

1. Paul Engel

Paul Engel Bit poster

I'm using Parallels 11 Pro on El Capitan. I set my Windows VMs to Full Screen. When I switch user, Parallels drops out of full screen mode as it prepares the system for login to the other user account or when switching between logged in users. I then have to put it back in full screen mode. I have my options set to start in full screen. Is there a means by which I can make it stop doing this?

2. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hello Paul,
    Screen resolution in Parallels Desktop virtual machines is controlled by the Dynamic Resolution feature which is provided by Parallels Tools. Please refer to this article to fix the full-screen resolution issue. Thanks!

3. Paul Engel

Paul Engel Bit poster

Ick. That makes the resolution really ugly. When I follow the instructions to change my screen resolution, it fixes the background, but all my apps are blown up. Is there another solution? I've gone back to Auto on the Scale To Fit. I'd rather have the issue I was initially addressing than a full-time ugly screen. :)

4. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Dear Paul, you may also change the display resolution at
    Mac OS X System Preferences > Displays. You need to change Resolution from Best for Retina display to Scaled > and then one item left from Best (Retina) and let us know how it works.