Error connecting to update source for Kapersky

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by jmw3025, Aug 31, 2009.

1. jmw3025

jmw3025 Bit poster

Anyone know how to correct this problem? I'm trying to update my version of Kapersky internet security that came bundled w/ my Parallels Desktop 4.0 for Mac. The Knowledgebase said to "open C:\Windows\System 32\Drivers\etc\hosts", but when I click on the System file, it isn't configured quite that way. There is no "System 32". It looks like this:

; for 16-bit app support
    [drivers]
    wave=mmdrv.dll
    timer=timer.drv
    [mci]
    [driver32]
    [386enh]
    woafont=dosapp.FON
    EGA80WOA.FON=EGA80WOA.FON
    EGA40WOA.FON=EGA40WOA.FON
    CGA80WOA.FON=CGA80WOA.FON
    CGA40WOA.FON=CGA40WOA.FON

So, I tried adding the line, "93.191.13.100" (per Knowledgebase article) at the end & saving it, but that didn't work. I tried adding that same line after [driver32], but that didn't work. I tried adding the line "93.191.13.100 updates.pis.parallels.com" after [driver32], but that didn't work.
    Anybody know how to get this done?

2. Anupama A

Anupama A Pro

Hello,

Most probably it happens due to network issue. May be external Firewall, or something else preventing from connecting to http://updates.pis.parallels.com/
    Make sure there is Internet in VM, no Firewall on both Windows and Mac, check connectivity with standard commands:

# On Mac side open Terminal in Applications/Utilities/ and run

* ifconfig -a
    * netstat -nr
    * cat /etc/resolv.conf
    * traceroute updates.pis.parallels.com

# Open Windows command prompt (Start -> Run, type cmd in the field and press Enter) and run the following commands.

* ipconfig /all
    * netstat -nr
    * tracert updates.pis.parallels.com

3. Anupama A

Anupama A Pro

Hello,

If you still have problems for the same then you can install it for Windows as described here:

1. Please run your Virtual Machine,
    2. Go to C:\Program Files\Parallels\Parallels Tools\Applications\Parallels Internet Security\
    3. Run 'pis_setup.exe' file

4. jbhelmly

jbhelmly Bit poster

If your PIS update is not working like mine has not complaining for a network failure, I just found posting elsewhere that said to go into settings>update>settings>update source>proxy server and uncheck use proxy server (this is in the PIS settings). This fixed my problem.

5. David Rosenberg

David Rosenberg Bit poster

Unbelievable!!!

After countless hours and e-mails going back and forth with Parallels and Kaspersky, this proxy server deselection did the trick!!! Thank you!!