Enlarging Boot Camp partition, iso of windows drive?

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by DavidC23, Oct 5, 2016.

1. DavidC23

DavidC23 Bit poster

I want to increase the windows partition on a Boot Camp Drive.

How to make an ISO image of the Boot Camp drive?
    I can save this on a windows formatted drive or does it matter where i save the iso?

Next would be enlarging the Boot Camp drive with mac drive utilities.

next would to restore to install the iso file created earlier.

WHAT PROGRAM DO I NEED TO GET TO CREATE THIS ISO?

it would be nice if these tools where right in Parallel toolbox.

Thank you for any help or advice

2. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Hi DavidC23,
    1. If you like to increase the space allocated to Boot-camp partition then you have to use Boot-camp assistant. It will be better if you contact Apple Support for assistance with Boot-camp.
    2. Its is not possible to create an ISO for entire Boot-camp partition which will be like 40 GB or more but you can clone the Boot-camp using third party software's.
    3. If you like to use Disk Utility and increase Boot-camp partition there is a possibility NTFS file system in that partition to get corrupt then Windows will not load.
    4. Creating an ISO for entire Boot-camp partition is not possible so restoring from ISO also.
    5. All freewares for creating ISO will have a size limit and will only create an ISO for files but not for bootable ready to use Windows.
    6. Parallels Toolbox provides a way for accessing the Mac inbuilt utilities in an enhanced way but the features you request are not available in the Mac till now.

If you wish to use Windows and move it to different devices then you can try Windows To Go.