DOS 6.22 window and app wedged with SendKeys greyed out

Discussion in 'Other Virtual machines' started by Bob Montgomery, Dec 21, 2009.

1. Bob Montgomery

Bob Montgomery Bit poster

Ditto as description: DOS 6.22 window and app wedged with SendKeys greyed out;

Nothing I can Google or contemplate seems to enable sending the three-finger salute.

It would be nice if either there were keyboard shortcuts for SendKeys menu items or
    some way around Parallels disabling them. By all appearances the DOS window is
    hung, running the HP200LX connectivity pack utilities LLRA and APP200, which work
    normally most of the time. I haven't figured out exactly what situation hangs the
    window... something to do with attempting to operate the remote filer via a USB to
    serial adapter connected to the real 200LX handheld. That's not the problem, though.

The problem is, when the DOS hangs, all the "Virtual Machine" options except 'start'
    are greyed out, and I can't send CTL-ALT-DEL to the DOS instance or get it to respond
    through any other means.

OS/X 10.6.2 'Snow Leopard' ( SL ) on a MacBook Pro Parallels 4.0

Shutting down and quitting Parallels completely doesn't help
    - the only way I can get the Parallels DOS to reboot is to completely reboot OS/X

The Parallels DOS window is unusable until I discover a way to reboot it. I can't
    take down dozens of apps and multiple virtual screens just to kick DOS.

2. I-che

I-che Pro

Hello Bob,
    please check your mailbox, we have created support ticket for you.