Disappearing Shared folder in OS X 10.7 VM

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by partick, Jan 15, 2013.

1. partick

partick Bit poster

Hello All,

I have been having problems over the past couple days, but probably since i have been running this vm (2 months), regarding shared folders. I have two shared folders connected to my host which seem to disappear within 5-10 minutes of accessing files off of them. I cannot manually connect to the server folders, the only solution seems to be to reboot the vm. Anyone have any suggestions. I don't have problems with any other vm's except this one (which is also the only one running osx) Parallels tools is installed and has been updated.

Thanks

2. Andrew@Parallels

Andrew@Parallels Parallels Team

3. tkparallels

tkparallels Bit poster

I am having this same problem with a Snow Leopard Server 10.6.5 VM running in Parallels 9.0.23350.941886 running in s Snow Leopard 10.6.8 host. Reinstalling Parallels tools did not fix it. Any ideas on how to get the VM to retains access to shared folders from the host?

Also, when I start a Windows VM, its hard drive mounts in the host Mac environment, but that does not happen for a Mac VM. How do I see the virtualized Mac's hard drive in the host OS? I need the sharing working both ways, and now it only half works one way.

Thanks