Default "Open With" settings not working with Parallels Applications

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by David_Beaton, Oct 26, 2014.

1. David_Beaton

David_Beaton Bit poster

Since upgrading to Yosemite and with the latest build of Parallels, I cannot open any Window's files with the VM simply by double clicking. They all open in Mac's Preview application. I can, however, open them by going into the application and selecting "Open" then navigating to where the file is, then it opens no problem.

When I attempt to right click on the file, select "Open With" then navigate to the program, it is greyed out and I cannot do it.

When I attempt to change the default "Open With" by going to "Get Info" and making the change there, the same thing holds true, the parallels program is greyed out and I cannot select it.

What can I do to make this happen? Why is this happening all of a sudden? Anyone else seeing this same issue? Fix?

2. David_Beaton

David_Beaton Bit poster

I am experiencing the same problem and just today posted another thread in the Forum because I see that nobody has answered your question since October... Even the Parallels Dev...

Have you found the solution to this yet??

3. Ram@Parallels

Ram@Parallels Parallels Support

Hello David,
    Could you please check the build number, if it is 10.1.2-28859 Please download latest build 10.1.3 (28868) from www.parallels.com/directdownload/pd10 and install it. Once latest build installed Install Parallels Tools manually as suggested at http://kb.parallels.com/en/112609 and check if the issue still persisting.
    If the issue still persisting, please try to change them to default as you suggested earlier by going to "Get Info" > Click change all > Restart Mac, Windows and check if the issue still persisting.