Cut n Paste not working for OS X server?

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by iceflake, Nov 11, 2010.

1. iceflake

iceflake Bit poster

Cut n Paste works with Ubuntu, Windows XP but it doesn't work on my virtualized Mac OS X server. I'm using the latest Parallels 6 and Snow Leopard versions available. Anyone else with the same problem?

Of course, Parallels Tools are installed. Dynamic resolution switching works.

2. joevt

joevt Forum Maven

If you look in your help menu at the Parallels Tools Overview, you'll see that the Clipboard Synchronization Tool is not supported for Mac OS X.
    http://download.parallels.com/desktop/v6/docs/en/Parallels_Desktop_Users_Guide/22272.htm

I guess the best solution is to have a text file open in the guest OS, and paste into that. Have the same text file open in the host OS. BBEdit will automatically update when changes are saved on the other machine. I'm not sure if it works both ways.

3. iceflake

iceflake Bit poster

Thanks...........!

4. TrungP

TrungP Bit poster

From the Parallels Tools Overview, I see that Shared Folders Tool is supported for Mac OS X guest OSs. I tried to configure but didn't succeed (I enabled the shared folders in the Configuration but couldn't find the shared folders) (I installed the Parallels tools). Do you know how to get it working?

5. joevt

joevt Forum Maven

You should see a SharedFolders item in /Volumes which you can show on the desktop as Shared Folders by using the "Show these items on the Desktop" "External Disks" in Finder preferences.

If you have "Home folder only" enabled for Share Folders, then you should see a Home folder in Shared Folders.
    If you have Share Folders set to "All disks" then you should also see a Host folder in Shared Folders.
    If you have SmartMount enabled then you should also see a list of your USB and FireWire hard disk partitions in Shared Folders.

Parallels Tools uses MacFUSE to show the Shared Folders.

6. MicheleO

MicheleO Bit poster

Speaking of MacFUSE, I keep getting the error "MacFUSE Runtime Version Mismatch The MacFUSE library version this program is using is incompatible with the loaded MacFUSE kernel extension." This is after the upgrade to Parallels Desktop 6 for Mac. Any recommendations on how/where to resolve this issue?

Thanks.

7. joevt

joevt Forum Maven

Go into System Preferences app. There should be a MacFUSE item in the Other section. Click that, then check for updates. I think the latest version available is 2.1.5. I'm using 2.1.7 beta for 64 bit Mac OS X kernel. I found a download link at http://code.google.com/p/macfuse/updates/list (just search for 2.1.7).

8. TrungP

TrungP Bit poster

I tried to find but didn't find any :( The shared folder should be displayed automatically on the desktop, that's the best way for users.

9. MicheleO

MicheleO Bit poster

Thanks for the post re MacFUSE. The newer version did the trick.