connecting ethernet connected HP printer?

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by jonathan_david, Apr 25, 2012.

1. jonathan_david

jonathan_david Hunter

i have a new HP 8600 all in one printer which is connected via ethernet to my time capsule external hard drive which is connected to my mac pro computer. i am able to print to this printer from mac os.

when i try to print a page from a help .chm file in windows 7 using parallels, the page gets to the cue but there is promptly an error shown for that printer. if i use troubleshooting it tells me there is a problem with the page, which i remove and then if i print again i get this same sequence.

i have tried to remove the printer and re-add it as a Add A Local Printer (not a network printer) and i have selected "use existing port" and "lpt1" which are the defaults.

i noticed that i can pull down to other lpt ports, com ports, print to file or xps port. i also see i can "Create a New Port" with either a "local" or a TCP/IP selection.

can someone help me here with the correct settings? again I am printing from OSX and the device is connected via ethernet to the Time Capsule external Device which is then connected to the Mac Pro.

THANKS.