configuration function panel in the bar menu and the icon in the control center is grayed out

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by DUFOURD, Apr 5, 2023.

1. DUFOURD

DUFOURD Bit poster

Hello, I use a demo version 18 of parallels to test my software before purchase. But I can't find the configuration function panel in the bar menu next to the time and the icon in the control center is grayed out... I can't make any settings...

thx

2. Pramesh Boodadoo

Pramesh Boodadoo Staff Member

Hello,
    As a possible solution, kindly follow the below steps:
    1. Make sure that the Virtual Machine is Shutdown (Actions on top of the mac menu bar > select Shutdown).
    2. Quit Parallels Desktop by right-clicking on Parallels Desktop icon on the dock and select "Quit".
    3. Open your "Applications" folder and drag the Parallels Desktop icon into the "Trash".
    4. Empty the "Trash".
    5. Reboot your Mac.
    6. Download the latest build of Parallels Desktop 18 from this link: https://download.parallels.com/desktop/v18/18.2.0-53488/ParallelsDesktop-18.2.0-53488.dmg
    7. Double-click on the installer to install Parallels Desktop 18.
    8. Verify if the issue is still present?

If the issue persists, for us to further investigate this issue, kindly provide us with the following information:
    1. Screenshots of the missing options
    2. Collect a technical report (right-click Parallels icon in Dock > Help > Send technical data > check "Attach screenshots..." > press Send Report) and provide us with the report's 9-digit ID in reply to this post.
    Thanks