catalina booting bootcamp partition on parallels ok - rebooting on win10 drivers don't work

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by Alec006, Feb 15, 2020.

1. Alec006

Alec006 Bit poster

Hi, I'm running catalina 10.15.3 with Parallels Desktop Business Edition 15.1.2.47123 I have added a win10 bootcamp partition to parallels and I can use it without problems after that I reboot my computer into win10 I lose all compatibility drivers and bootcamp manager doesn't work anymore forcing me to reinstall it all over again.
    thanks!

2. Eug1

Eug1 Bit poster

Hi,

I am having a similar issue. From my own troubleshooting it appears that when I used parallels to access my bootcamp partition, it either disables or messes up the bootcamp control panel (bootcamp.exe). Because that is not running it affected things like being able to "right-click" and scroll with the touchpad among other things.
    The only way I have found to resolve this so far is to uninstall the bootcamp application in windows and reinstall it.
    It is annoying and hard to figure out a good way to resolve it considering that I don't have that problem when I use VMware Fusion.

Hopefully a Parallels support member will be able to pick this up and offer a good resolution.

3. Maria@Parallels

Maria@Parallels Problem solver

Hi guys, could you please reproduce the issue, collect the tech report right after that and post the report's ID here?