Cannot run OS X server updates since P5 install

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by Scottc12, Jan 14, 2010.

1. Scottc12

Scottc12 Bit poster

Since I have upgraded to P5 I no longer am able to install any Mac OSX Server updates. They download fine but during the restart and install nothing happens just a restart. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Sc

2. aa.

aa. Member

You are not able to install updates in host or in guest MacOS? I'm not sure P5 can affect Mac OSX Server updates in host somehow, because P5 is just an application

3. Scottc12

Scottc12 Bit poster

Mac OSX preforms OS installations during a restart or shutdown process seems something is not holding and the installation of OS patches fails and a normal reboot occurs. It used to work on P4 so no idea what's going..

4. aa.

aa. Member

So as I understand you talk about Mac OS as a host OS (not guest). So I guess that if you even uninstall P5, the problem with updates will not be fixed. I think the problem is not related to Parallels products, probably just a coincidence

5. Scottc12

Scottc12 Bit poster

My Host OS is Leopard Client 10.5.8 -- Im running a virtual Leopard Server 10.5 -- The virtualized Leopard Server is what Im having an issue with. I'm no longer able to apply OS patches it simply downloads all the OS updates and then asks to reboot at which time it should kick in and install OS patches typical Mac stuff.. Since the upgrade it just restarts and not patches get applied.

6. aa.

aa. Member

Thanks for explanation, could you please start your VM, wait till it booted, then generate the Problem Report and say me number ID.

Top menu -> Help -> Report a problem