Can I have 2 Windows Operating Systems

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by MiltonX, Jan 1, 2014.

1. MiltonX

MiltonX Bit poster

Hello - I have installed on my Mac Parallels 9 and have installed Windows 8 all working fine however I need to install Win7 so I can install explorer 8 because the explorer 10 that came will Win8 doesn’t work with my companies portal so I would like to know is it is possible to have two separate versions of Windows on my Parallels 7 and 8.
    Cheers
    Colin

2. Specimen

Specimen Product Expert

Yes, you can have separate VMs.

3. MiltonX

MiltonX Bit poster

Ok I have purchased Win7 how do I install on my Mac with Parallels and keeping Win8 at the same time, I am assuming that when I start my VM I will get the option to go with Win7 or Win8.
    Cheers

4. Specimen

Specimen Product Expert

Starting a VM or starting the program (Parallels) are two different things, apparently you have your VM set to launch when you start Parallels. You can start Parallels desktop while holding down the shift key which will only launch Parallels without starting your VM, you can then go to file, new and add other VMs. You can also access the Parallels top menu while a VM is running and manage your VMs (including adding new ones).

I suggest you get familiar with the user guide, as all this is explained there.