Black screen on Parallels 9.0.24237 with 10.9.4!

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by Parallels User, Jul 10, 2014.

1. Hi,

I know there was a lot of people complaining about the black screen on Mavericks 10.9.3 but I never saw this however yesterday I installed 10.9.4 and updated parallels to 9.0.24237 (which states in release notes it fixes the black screen) and now I have it and it's killing my work! Really need this fixing.

I followed the workaround removing the pro_video.kext file but same issue.

Is anyone else seeing this or even better, does anyone know how to fix it?

Cheers

2. GC_YVR

GC_YVR Member

If your work involves software that uses OpenGL, then you are out of luck because the current driver doesn't support OpenGL. I don't think Parallels can fix that because it is an Apple issue

3. Thanks for the response but I'm not using OpenGL (as far as I know). Parallels has worked really well for me for the past 2 years, all of a sudden after the 10.9.4 and 9.0.24237 updates that's it. My windows 7 guest works fine it's just the black screen when I try to open mavericks. Appreciate the feedback anyway:)

4. WarnerP

WarnerP Bit poster

Same issue here. Most of the time I have my programs open when I shut down Windows. And when I click to start, it goes on. No problem. Yesterday, however I neatly quit the programs, and then I shut down the computer. That was a mistake. I'm now confronted with a black screen.

How ever Windows 7 with logo pops up at the bottom of the screen including some buttons in every corner. If that sounds familiar. We've a huge problem.

I've noticed that my virtual harddisk did't pop up either.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2014