Can't open pdf files out of a Windows program under Parallels

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by LucasS, Nov 13, 2013.

1. LucasS

LucasS Bit poster

When opening a pdf file on the windows desktop (XP) under parallels (9) on my mac everything goes fine
    But when opening a pdf file out of a windows program there is a immediate transfer to a Mac desktop where Adobe reader is opened but nothing happens. The Pdf file won't open. Did anyone faced the same problem or has an answer?

Last edited: Nov 13, 2013
  2. AxelFoley

AxelFoley Bit poster

Same problem here. Links to PDF files in Parallels fail to open. I've removed the Internet plug-ins for Reader and have directed Windows (Version 7 Home Premium) to open all docs in Mac (Config, Options, Applications) and in "Sharing" all boxes were marked as "checked". Also in the Windows Control Panel, Programs, "Associate a File Type or Protocol with a specific program" I've indicated to open all PDFs with Safari.

When I do click on a link to a PDF from within Windows, Safari comes to the foreground but I just get a blank page. I'm suspicious this has something to do with having a copy of Acrobat X and Distiller. Are these somehow blocking the PDF from opening? As I said, I've removed Adobe plug-ins at both the user and system level. Opening PDFs used to work fine in Parallels until I upgraded from Mavericks to Yosemite. Please help as this is very annoying as I now have to save all PDFs sent to me via email to the desktop to open them or in the case of links, copy and paste the link into a browser. At least there are work arounds, but doing this fifty times a day gets irksome. Hopefully there's a fix. Thanks!

Last edited: Nov 6, 2014
  3. ROUHAUD

ROUHAUD Bit poster

Same for me , any news on this bug ?
    i click on any pdf files in the windows VM, i switch to acrobat but the file is not loaded nor displayed.
    i'm on the latest version ...

4. Maria@Parallels

Maria@Parallels Problem solver

Hello, did you reinstall Parallels Tools and check the issue?
    Also did you get any specific error message?