SOLVED: size of parallels desktop 13 increases heavy

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by SteffenA1, May 7, 2018.

1. SteffenA1

SteffenA1 Bit poster

hi all,

I have a problem with my parallels desktop for Mac 13 version. the hard drive size of parallels increases immense. my windows 10 partition ist about 20 GB and if I look into my systeminformation for hard drives, there I can see that parallels VM needs up to 70 GB space. whats wrong here?

kind regards
    Steffen

Attached Files:

2. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi SteffenA1. Chances are that the virtual machine in use isn't the only virtual machine present on the Mac. Please follow these steps to try and locate other virtual machines on your computer.

3. >>> Message has been deleted by the user <<<

4. Hemnath@Parallels

Hello RobinB4.
    I'm not sure if I'm following this part. Can you help us with a screenshot(s) of the scenario you're describing?

5. >>> Message has been deleted by the user <<<

6. Hemnath@Parallels

Sorry to hear that. However, in case you need our assistance in any regard in the future, feel free to reach out again.

7. SteffenA1

SteffenA1 Bit poster

Hi all, thanks for your replies. It was because I had old VMs which were uploaded in iCloud Drive. these VMs were downloaded automatically. Because of my problem this thread can be closed.

8. Hemnath@Parallels

Nice to know that it's all sorted out. Please post again for any further queries.