Mac OS X Leopard Server Still Compatible as a Guest?

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by Timur3, Dec 24, 2017.

1. Timur3

Timur3 Bit poster

I ask because I own a legitimate copy of Mac OS X Leopard Server (10.5.4) which I made a disk image from, and every time I tried to boot from the image in Parallels Desktop 13 it would hang at the same place before the Apple logo ever appears and display a message "Still waiting for the boot device." I don't think there is anything wrong with the disk image I made and it mounts just fine.

Unfortunately my trial seems to have expired last night, as I'd like to troubleshoot this issue further before paying any money for the software but am unable to do so.

2. Elric

Elric Parallels Team

Hi,
    most likely the image was incorrectly made. To make an image please go to Disk Utility. Click on the top left icon and choose "Show All Devices" (default was show only volumes). Then take an image from disk, not the volume.

About expired trial I'll contact the support team in order to extend the trial. They should reply soon.

3. Dmitry@Parallels

Dmitry@Parallels Parallels Team

Hi @Timur3, I've extended your trial and have sent you the instructions in a personal message.

4. Elric

Elric Parallels Team

If you are sure that image is ok, please go to the VM Configuration -> Hardware -> Advanced and enter the line "vm.efi.debug=1" to the Boot Flags. Then reproduce the issue and send a technical data (menu of Parallels Desktop Help -> Send technical data). Post here its number.