Parallels 12 Runs Programs Really Slow In Windows Vista

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by TrevorW1, Dec 25, 2016.

1. TrevorW1

TrevorW1 Bit poster

Got the Trail of Parallels 12 which run very well.
    After I purchased it, it now runs slower.
    I have tried to install Mailwasher but it needs ".Net Framework 4"to be installed.
    It downloads Framework fast but after SIX hours it has NOT installed it.
    ANY help would be great.
    I am using an Apple Mac Desktop 27" with latest operating system.
    Thanks

Trevor Woodstock.

2. Swati@Parallels

Swati@Parallels

Hi Trevor, please follow the below steps and keep us updated on your progress:
    1. For slow performance issue, check this article
    2. Reinstall Parallels Tools as suggested in the article and try installing ".Net Framework 4" once again.

3. TrevorW1

TrevorW1 Bit poster

Hi Swati,

Thanks for your reply and I have done as you said, with devastating effect.
    ALL my Mac desktop in now in windows, which I did not want. I only want the window programs in the Windows.
    The .Net Framework 4 has still not installed. I went out for six hours and left it, but still it did not install !!
    My Mac in both OS and Windows has slowed down so much I might as well make a drink while waiting for something to happen.
    I have stopped the file sharing between both machines, but how do I uninstall the Toolbox, or do I HAVE to reinstall the windows, and will that make a mess of my Mac ?
    I have tried to adjust the amount of memory windows uses but am unable to do so.
    The instruction tell you to stop Windows and go to "Action" in the menu, but "Action" disappears when I close windows !!
    It is nothing but a pain, as all I really want to do is run one program, Quicken 2001, in windows as unable to get Quicken for Mac in the UK.
    Also would like to run Mailwasher in the Windows, but will have to wait until the Mac version is released. 2017 I have been told.
    I look forward to your reply.
    Regards
    Trevor Woodstock

4. Swati@Parallels

Swati@Parallels

Please follow below steps and let us know how it goes:
    1. To get your Virtual Machine's configuration, check this article
    2. To change your Virtual Machine's memory (RAM), follow the article
    3. To uninstall Parallels toolbox, follow the article