Can't install OS X El Capitan 10.11.5 to a virtual machine

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by LaszloH1, Jun 15, 2016.

1. LaszloH1

LaszloH1 Bit poster

installation fails/freeze at EFI boot screen. PD version is 11.2.0-32581
    I found that issue has fixed in the Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac version 11.0.2-31348 BUT not it doesn't work again this newer version (above).

2. DaveS2

DaveS2 Bit poster

You need to change the Boot Order to place Hard Disk 2 first then start the VM and the install will work.

3. Sasti@Parallels

Sasti@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @LaszloH1,
    You could try the fix suggested by @DaveS2 and if the issue persists, please share us a screenshot of the error screen. We will look into it.

4. LaszloH1

LaszloH1 Bit poster

Hi,
    how to change boot order when Hard Disk 2 not exist?

5. Arunn

Arunn Parallels Support

Hi, could you share a screenshot of the Boot Order and Hard Disk settings? You can find it under Actions > Configure > Hardware.

6. LaszloH1

LaszloH1 Bit poster

I gave up trying end of June...

7. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi LaszloH1, we are looking at your psot and listening to your questions/concerns. we want to work through this issue with you and will ensure that we do follow up on what has happened. But first, we need to get your issue so let's work on a resolution together

8. LaszloH1

LaszloH1 Bit poster

Thanks for care but almost a month has passed and now I have no time to care by install etc. I solved my case differently way (external usb drive... not elegant but it works without any issue)

9. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Glad your issue has been resolved successfully. Feel free to reach out anytime. We are here to help! Thanks!