Maximum number of activation keys - should be one only

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by PlutoPat, May 8, 2014.

1. PlutoPat

PlutoPat Bit poster

Hello,

After rebuilding my computer (MacBook Air with Mavericks), moving back all the files and software, Parallels tells me that I have reached the maximum numbers of activations and I should buy a new license ! I use only one computer and my license is not used on another one. Where is the problem ?

Thanks in advance for any help,
    Patrick

2. PlutoPat

PlutoPat Bit poster

Now tried by booting the computer on the external backup disk where the system was cloned and Parallels works perfectly ! Only thing which is different on the new system, the user ID !
    I have lost a lot of time trying to get it working and now I am seriously thinking moving away from this product.

3. Maheesh@Parallels

Maheesh@Parallels Parallels Support Parallels Support

Hello PlutoPat,

Please check your private message.

4. FredYu

FredYu Bit poster

Hi Maheeshwar,

I got the message "You have reached the maximum number of activations." It's the same issue? I just want to move my own PD8 from old MAC to new one. I re-installed PD8 from old MAC, but the message shown on my new MAC.

5. PlutoPat

PlutoPat Bit poster

Hi FredYu,

I solved the problem by transferring my previous account to the new computer using "Migration Assistant". After that, Parallels worked again. I think that there is a problem because you may want to create a new user to clean up a situation and in this case, Parallels will not work !

Hope this helps,
    Best regards,
    Patrick