Windows 8.1 SSL Connection Errors

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by jsraustin, Mar 12, 2014.

1. jsraustin

jsraustin Bit poster

This may be a Windows question and not a Parallels question but at a loss:

New Mac Pro with Mavericks, fresh install of Parallels 9, fresh install of Windows 8.1. The VM connects to the internet fine (via browsers, etc.).
    However, I am unable to connect to my Microsoft login (getting certificate error), and unable to connect to another service I use that requires password verification.

Is there a simple Parallels explanation for this? I've been through all the Network Troubleshooting steps.

2. Manojkumar@Parallels

Manojkumar@Parallels Parallels Support

3. flatty

flatty Bit poster

I suspect it might be deeper than that. ssl has stopped working on my parallels machines too. Could be issues with the last windows update not playing nice with virtual machines.

4. J Vee

J Vee Bit poster

SSL connection problems

Same here. CAn't really use IE, Chrome, or Foxfire for browsing because of this area with latest Desktop Parallels and Win 8.1 @ 32 or a separate complete install ($199) of Win 8 at 64 bit, and Mavericks. SSL problems with something wrong with almost every site and it can't be opened because of certificate problems. Have tried all the usual measures reccomended to include time and date careful sync router, host, and Win machines a long with a careful and thorough check for malware etc. This is really a stopper and does anyone have any help?

I am pretty sure Microsoft wiil be sure it is a Parallels, Mac problem. Did I mention that all is well with the Mac version of the browsers on the same host machine and that a Mac Pro running Win 8 via Parallels have no similar problems? Probably Parallels will be sure it is a Microsft problem. Any help out there?

J Vee