Maverick Upgrade Confused

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by MikeL07, Nov 3, 2013.

1. MikeL07

MikeL07 Bit poster

Hi,

I had been happily running Parallels 8 with my mac system but decided to upgrade to Maverick which is all working fine. But when I try to run parallels 8 and boot into windows 7 the system hangs. Ive seen lots of reports about issues here and am not sure what to do.

Can anyone help me with a process to get windows back up and running?
    Thanks,
    Mike

2. Specimen

Specimen Product Expert

Download the latest version of PDM8 and (re)install it, link in my signature (the download page for PDM9 also has PDM8 download links).

If that doesn't work you'll have to clarify what you mean by "system hangs" what does the screen show when it hangs? Error messages? Screenshot?

(also this thread should not be in this subforum, it should be in "Installation and Configuration".)

Last edited: Nov 3, 2013
  3. MikeL07

MikeL07 Bit poster

Thanks for that. Windows 7 tries to boot then the spinner beside welcome stops. Eventually parallels presents me with a box saying fatal error and asking if i wish to send a report. System goes back to initial parallels screen asking to click to start windows.

Just to be clear will maverick work with parallels 8?
    Thanks,
    Mike

4. Specimen

Specimen Product Expert

Yes, PDM8 will work in Mavericks, but requires the LATEST version of PDM8, that's reason why I said to get the latest version from the site.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2013
  5. MikeL07

MikeL07 Bit poster

Maverick Issue

Ive downloaded the latest version but that is the version I'm running and when i ask to check for updates it says i have the latest version.????

only other DL i can see is for Switch to Mac Edition for version 8 should i use this?

Thanks,

Mike

6. Specimen

Specimen Product Expert

Forget Switch to Mac edition. Forget it's the same version, we are trying to repair your installation, just follow my initial suggesttion to REINSTALL​.

7. MikeL07

MikeL07 Bit poster

Reinstalled after DLing from website same issue.

Mike

8. Specimen

Specimen Product Expert

Submit a problem report.

Do you have a backup of the VM?
    Also you might need to repair Windows, using Windows installation media.

9. MikeL07

MikeL07 Bit poster

I don't have a backup of VM. Ive reported.
    Thanks for your help.
    Mike