Lion guest stuck on mouse and keyboard

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by LanceG, Oct 17, 2011.

1. LanceG

LanceG Bit poster

Greetings,

I'm having trouble installing lion guest on mac mini i7.
    VM is using 2GB RAM and 2 vCPU and rest of the settings are default.

I was able to start installation using the recovery partition and download from apple server was successful but after that, the VM screen is stuck on mouse and keyboard pictures. See attached.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Any idea why the VM is looping the images? I am using Razer mouse and dell keyboard.

I am using trial edition of parallels desktop 7 for mac and love the mobile application side.

BTW, My hardware works perfectly fine on Fusion 4. Installation was a breeze: drag and drop. BAM. Lion guest is running. I was also able to install Lion via disk image and not have to download from apple server which took like 3 hours! (Just trying to get attention from Parallels staff as well. I sent them an email support but haven't gotten a response yet.)

2. DrRyan

DrRyan Bit poster

I am having the same issue (although I am using an Apple USB keyboard with a Logitech mouse). Lance, did you happen to find a solution for this?

3. Roman Fattakhov

Roman Fattakhov Parallels Team

Go to Parallels Desktop dropdown menu -> Virtual machine -> Configure -> Hardware -> Boot order and enter the following boot flags:

devices.usb.enable_mouse=2;devices.usb.enable_keyboard=2

4. AmeedJ

AmeedJ Bit poster

How many Lion Guests can we run on the same Mac Host? is there any limitation by Apple on this ?

5. Brazilian Joe

Brazilian Joe Bit poster

I discovered by chance, and it is the simplest thing possible. To proceed from the keyboard/mouse detection, just focus input to the vm and press ESC. Worked for me.

6. Brazilian Joe

Brazilian Joe Bit poster

Yes I am. Parallels 7 on Lion host.

7. Sebi3k

Sebi3k Bit poster

http://images.apple.com/legal/sla/docs/macosx107.pdf

Section 2A and 2B (iii). So if you bought Lion in the Mac App Store you can use 2 virtual instances.